Have you been involved in a
Make the first step of contacting a Missouri City medical malpractice lawyer. Our attorneys will help you in understanding how to apply the malpractice laws affecting Missouri City to your case. Additionally, our attorneys will assist you in identifying your options for your unique case.
Missouri City medical malpractice attorneys can recognize your harms and losses, and apply their experience in handling various medical malpractice cases to your situation and guide you through this complicated process.
Missouri City Medical Malpractice Lawyers Can Help
- Simple medical errors
- Errors during the surgical process
- Dental malpractice
- Misdiagnoses by doctors
- Errors while prescribing medications
- Cauda Equina Syndrome malpractice
- Laboratory error
- Anesthesia error
- Malpractice due to an improper medical procedure
- Lack of adequate patient monitoring
- Chiropractor malpractice
What Is A Medical Malpractice Case?
Medical malpractice is a breach of contract or other tort action for personal injuries or wrongful death, based on the professional or health care services rendered, or the ones that a health care provider should have rendered to the patient.
Generally, medical malpractice is an instance where a health care provider (a doctor, nursing home management company, hospital, a physician’s office, or a radiology analysis provider) does not render their services as per the standard of medical care. This negligence act can result in the patient
Therefore, you may consider a medical malpractice lawsuit if you had a medical procedure that led to an unfavorable outcome; however, your procedure would have been successful had the medical professionals rendered a correct level of due diligence and followed proper protocol.
If you believe this scenario describes your situation, make the initial step of speaking to a qualified Missouri City medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. Informing this issue to a lawyer is the best way for determining whether you have a viable case against the negligent party. Some of the potential medical malpractice issues our lawyers handle include:
- Hospital-related infections
- Development delay or birth-defects
- ‘Failure to diagnose’ cases such as cancer, stroke, heart disease, pulmonary embolism, or meningitis
- Drug or medication errors such as Gentamicin poisoning, unrecognised drug allergies, dangerous combinations of certain drugs, overdose, and improper use of a specific drug
- Abuse in the nursing home facility like medication errors, failure of the nursing home facility to treat an emerging condition, and inappropriate types of treatment by nurses or any other staff member
The Burden Of Proof In Missouri City
As an alleged injured party, you need to prove the liability of the doctor, nurse or any other health care provider. Therefore, the health care provider is not liable for medical malpractice until the plaintiff and his/her Missouri City medical malpractice lawyers meet certain burdens of proof.
First, the alleged injured party and his/her Missouri City, medical malpractice attorney must use enough evidence to show that the behaviour of the health care provider negligently deviated from the required standard of care.
Secondly, the alleged injured party must prove that the medical malpractice led to the illness or injury in question – which commonly known as causation.
Lastly, the alleged injured party must show that the sustained illness or injury is enough to warrant financial damages.
The Most Common Misdiagnosed Conditions
In Missouri City, misdiagnosis is one of the most common causes of action for medical malpractice. This issue occurs when a health care provider makes a diagnosis for a condition, which does not represent the current issues affecting the patient. Some of the most popular diagnosis cases include:
- A health care provider who misses a cancer diagnosis by failing to make a proper follow up when a patient reports the cancer’s innocuous health problems such as a nagging headache, difficulty breathing, and indigestion.
- When a patient reports heart attack symptoms like difficulty breathing, back pain or upset stomach but is treated for an anxiety disorder or acid reflux disease.
Statute Of Limitations For Medical Malpractice
In Missouri City and the rest of the country, there is a statute of limitations on medical malpractice lawsuits, similar to the cases of most civil action causes.
When filing a lawsuit related to medical malpractice in the state of Missouri City, you will have to present it within a given period after the actual incident.
However, you need to note that there several circumstances that can extend the actual statute of limitations for the medical malpractice case in Missouri City. Some of these circumstances include:
- Mistakes involving retained objects
- Misdiagnosis cases
- A child patient
- Medical malpractice that causes a disability.
How A Missouri City Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help
At our firm, we always value our client’s customer service experience. Our Missouri City medical malpractice lawyers understand the unfortunate situations that move the clients to seek legal advice. As a result, we will always do our best to make you feel at ease while guiding you and your claim through the complicated legal process.
Additionally, we will ensure that you are well-informed and involved in the process of making decisions about the relevant information.
Call Us Today For A Free Consultation
Pursuing a medical malpractice claim with the assistance of a Missouri City medical malpractice l
It is always essential to act quickly and contact a Missouri City medical malpractice attorney if you have been a victim of medical malpractice. Our medical malpractice lawyers will play a vital role in helping you to pursue the financial compensation you deserve.
Therefore, make a step of contacting our offices today for a free consultation with one of our medical malpractice lawyers.