Many motorcycle accidents happen as a result of negligent actions made by motorists failing to see motorcycles on the road. The narrower and smaller feature of the bikes contributes to these accidents, since to many distracted drivers, they are nearly invisible, especially when the driver fails to pay the needed attention.
There are high chances of receiving seriously injuries if the driver misjudges your distance and speed, or fails to see your motorcycle. Therefore, it is essential to seek help from a qualified Fort Bend Count motorcycle accident lawyer for a guideline on how to get the financial compensation you deserve. Other than this, our attorneys will help you in building a strong case by looking at every aspect of the circumstances that led to the accident.
The Most Common Recovered Damages
You deserve financial compensation if you suffer injuries because of careless or reckless actions made by another driver on the road.
However, the available compensation depends on the nature of the suffered injuries and the circumstances of the accident. There area wide range of potential financial damages. The damages that can be recovered include:
- Past medical bills
- Pain and suffering, and even death in the unfortunate circumstance
- Lost or diminished earning capacity as a result of the suffered injuries
- Prescription medications
- Ongoing or future medical care
- Emergency medical services such as trauma care, emergency room visits, and emergency rides
- Lost wages
Non-Injury Factors Considered By A Jury When Determining Your Settlement Value
Other than the inflicted injuries, a jury at trial will also consider many other factors whenever determining your settlement value. They include:
- The kind of evidence you use to prove that injuries you sustained resulted from a motorcycle accident
- The accident’s specific facts such as the cause, if it resulted from alcohol use, speeding, or other related factors, and the condition of the vehicles before and after the crash
- The number of people who witnessed the accident
- The perceived credibility of those witnesses to the jury
- The perceived truthfulness of you and the negligent party
- The nature of defensive arguments brought up by the attorney of the negligent party
- How your Fort Bend County motorcycle lawyer refutes these arguments
Also, the jury will consider the pain and suffering you have endured as a result of the motorcycle accident in determining your settlement value. Therefore, you will need a qualified Fort Bend County motorcycle lawyer who will assess your case and guide you through the correct procedure to follow in order to get compensated financially for the pain and suffering you have experienced.
Factors Considered By Insurance Companies When Examining Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
- Lost wages because of the accident
- Medical records describing the extent and nature of the claimant’s injuries
- Where the motorcycle accident occurred and the location of forthcoming trial
- Medical procedures following the crash and the expected ones
- Any other evidence provided by your lawyer to the insurance company
We Can Help
You deserve proper financial compensation if you’re healing injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver. Contacting our experienced Fort Bend County motorcycle accident lawyers is an essential step you can take to receive proper guidance for the right procedures to follow in order to get compensated. Contact our office today for a free consultation.